BEUMER will demonstrate its end-to-end baggage handling system capabilities at the Ai...
Crisplant Features Technology Breakthroughs in Baggage Handling at Passenger Terminal Expo 2012
Category: Automated Baggage Handling | 19/04/2012 - 02:29:13
Crisplant - part of BEUMER Group and a leading global supplier of automated baggage handling systems - will feature the latest breakthroughs in baggage handling technology at Passenger Terminal Expo 2012, from 18th to 20th April, in Vienna, Austria. The new technologies will allow airports to achieve greater efficiencies in the sorting, transportation, storage and screening of baggage.
- CrisBag® tote system enables airports to comply with new EU Standard 3 and TSA legislation for in-line baggage screening
- Industry's lowest energy consumption combined with an ultra-small footprint in the new LS-4000econ sorter
- Enhanced tracking and traceability with BEUMER autover® intelligent DCV baggage handling system
- System-wide control of baggage handling with Crisplant's New Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the BG Software Suite
- Crisplant will be on Stand No 6240 at Passenger Terminal Expo 2012
CrisBag Tote System
Klaus Schäfer, Crisplant Managing Director, comments: "The development of innovative technologies is central to BEUMER Group's joint approach to enable airports of all sizes, worldwide, to meet the challenge of continually increasing the efficiency of their baggage handling system."
The CrisBag® tote system is designed to improve security by using in-line baggage screening. By allowing baggage to remain in the tote throughout the entire screening process, CrisBag® not only minimises the risk of tampering, but also helps to reduce screening and transfer times. The latest system feature also includes an adaptive tilt mechanism which provides both static and dynamic tilt for baggage discharge. Düsseldorf Airport and Calgary Airport, which are both expanding, are the latest airports to commission the CrisBag® system to provide greater flexibility in their baggage handling.
Crisplant will also demonstrate the new LS-4000econ sorter, which enables airports to minimise their energy and maintenance costs, in addition to reducing the floor space of the baggage.